Baking soda, non gmo cornstarch, essential oils and virgin organic coconut oil deodorant, simple homemade recipe
Sweat is a natural phenomenon that helps the skin eliminate toxins from your body and regulate the body temperature. It is a natural process that has an important role for the body and should not be impaired, although it can put us in embarrassing situations. A good deodorant should let the sweat glands do their job, but destroy the bacteria that live on the skin and are responsible for the unpleasant odour. That is what the natural coconut oil deodorant will do.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 drops of essential oil (I use a combination of mint and lemon oil, but you can choose lavender, orange or any other essential oil you prefer)
How to prepare:
- Let the coconut oil stand at room temperature to make sure it is soft enough to incorporate the baking soda and the cornstarch. If you use coconut oil from the fridge, it will be too hard. Add the essential oil. Mix again. Place in a jar. You can keep it in your bathroom.
How to apply:
- It is easy to apply: you can use your fingertip. Massage gently until the deodorant has been absorbed by the skin. Don't worry, it will not stain your clothes or, at least, it hasn't happened to me until now.
Ruxandra, Republica BIO
Copyright Republica BIO